1950 and Beyond:
After 1950, Old Glenora and Capital Hill entered a period of relative stability until the late 1970s and early 1980s when a process of subdividing double lots began on some properties and new homes were built. In the early 1950s, unused train tracks could still be seen at the east end of the bridge over Groat Road on 102 Avenue and trolley buses were used for the route along the Avenue. An exciting new feature of the area was the addition of the fountain at Alexander Circle in 1954. The biggest construction project in the neighbourhood began in the 1960s to create the Provincial Museum adjacent to Government House.
By the late 1970s and early 1980s, young families were moving into the neighbourhood and it it was felt that the history of the area was getting lost as former residents left. The 40th anniversary of Glenora School created an impetus to create a historical record of the neighbourhood and this ultimately resulted in the establishment of the Old Glenora Historical Society which published the Old Glenora book in 1984.
As the neighbourhood evolved, residents became increasingly concerned that the heritage of the area was being eroded by insensitive new developments and in 2013, the same year that Government House became a National Historical Site, a group of residents spearheaded the formation of an association to address the concern. The Old Glenora Conservation Association was formed and an early initiative to document the significance of the area to Edmonton was successful in convincing the City to conduct an Inventory of Historical Resources in the community. The Report was published in 2017.