Early Houses, 1911 – 1918:
The earliest houses were built primarily along Connaught Drive, Alexander Circle, St. George’s Crescent and the two blocks immediately west of Groat Ravine along Athabasca Avenue ( now 102nd Avenue). Proximity to the newly constructed Government House was highly desirable. The houses were usually 2½ to 3 storeys, constructed in architectural Revival styles utilising local brick, sometimes in combination with roughcast (pebbledash) stucco. Verandahs, front porches and balconies were often a feature. Architects Roland Lines, James Henderson and A.M.Calderon designed some of the Glenora homes during this period.